First Design Iteration of the Guard Behaviour Tree

I have been working on designing how the behaviour tree will be implemented, focusing on the "idle" states, I wanted to do this now before I get too far into development with the nodes only to have to change the layout of how certain nodes works.  Initially I tried to show the design as a visual representation by creating nodes within Microsoft Paint, however this didn't work very well as I kept deciding to change different parts of how the tree works.

For now I have decided I will build the foundations of the tree using a Microsoft Word document  using bullet points and indentation to visualise the tree, priority of nodes working from the top down and will look to creating a more visually appealing document further into development.

As stated above so far I have been focusing on the guards idle states, which will control what the agents will do when they have not been alerted to the players presence.  I have placed some basic behaviours which I believe will make the agent feel more alive, and give them a break from their continuous patrol path by giving them needs where they will go to find food or rest etc.

To help with the design of the BT I have been looking at how other games such as Halo 2 or Gigantic have implemented the order of their BT and how they have laid out their nodes.

Reference List
[1] Study of AI. (2019). Halo AI - Examining the Behavioral Dynamics of the Covenant Enemies. [online] Available at: http://studyofai.com/game-ai-theory/halo-ai [Accessed 19 Jan. 2019].
[2] Simpson, C. (2014). Behavior trees for AI: How they work. [online] Gamasutra.com. Available at: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ChrisSimpson/20140717/221339/Behavior_trees_for_AI_How_they_work.php [Accessed 18 Jan. 2019].
[3] Vasudevan, G. (2019). Managing AI in Gigantic. [online] Leamonde.Net. Available at: http://leamonde.net/posts/02042015.html [Accessed 18 Jan. 2019].